TIP-26 - Increase Transparancy and Accountability
This TIP outlines a proposal for TreasureDAO to increase its transparency and accountability by publishing quarterly reports that cover the current state of DAO financials and providing greater visibility into the high-level roadmap and key initiatives that Treasure and its core contributor team is undertaking to build the leading ecosystem for community-driven games.
As a decentralized gaming ecosystem, Treasure’s members should have greater visibility into the broader roadmap and the current state of DAO financials that allow community members to identify the best ways to contribute to the Treasure ecosystem. Naturally, the only way to make informed decisions is to have as much information available as commercially and practically possible to make these decisions informed. Besides that, a healthy discussion of pros and cons would further enlighten the DAO members and the core contributors. Rationale for increased transparency and accountability:
· To keep DAO members informed and enable them to make the best decisions for themselves, the community, and the expansive and growing Treasure ecosystem.
· To increase trust in the core council and foundation operating on behalf of and for the benefit of all members of TreasureDAO.
· To provide DAO members a report of Treasure’s assets held within its treasury, giving the community peace of mind of the DAO’s financial position and standing and ensuring that the DAO’s treasury and funds are not being misappropriated.
· To provide a more robust and clear roadmap of what is being developed and what is to come, ensuring further alignment and visibility into the DAO’s broader strategy and overall future direction.
To increase transparency, accountability, and continued trust in TreasureDAO, the core contributors, and the foundation, the community would like to propose the following improvements:
1. Publish a recurring quarterly DAO report within forty five (45) days after the end of each quarter, with the first report beginning in Q2 2023 to cover April - June 2023 and due by July 30, 2023. In each report, the following details are proposed to be provided:
- Current treasury balance of TreasureDAO reported by tokens held and amount;
- Revenue generated through Trove, MagicSwap, first-party games, and other revenue streams;
- Details pertaining to any conversion of MAGIC from revenue through the self-funding treasury management initiative in partnership with Flowdesk, including: amount of MAGIC converted, resulting token balance (stablecoin), number of trades conducted, average trade size, average MAGIC price;
- Summary of operational expenses and other business costs (payroll, partnerships, technology, legal expenses, etc.);
2. Provide additional insight into the abundance of talent we have at TreasureDAO and its core contributors by including a short biography for each team member to showcase their professional experience, gaming background, and any other personal details they would like to share. This will go a long way in showing the passion, pool of skills and expertise of TreasureDAOs’ team without requiring contributors to fully doxx themselves, unless desired. With that said, each team member may individually decide if and what they are comfortable with sharing. The goal is to promote a bond between the team and the community, not enforce one.
3. Produce and maintain a regular development log and high-level roadmap to detail key initiatives that are currently or are planned to be undertaken by the core contributor team on a best efforts basis. This should cover initiatives pertaining to Treasure overall, Trove, MagicSwap, Bridgeworld, and Smolverse that is commercially practical to be shared (eg. does not breach commercial agreements where it is important to maintain confidentiality). The following details are proposed to be provided:
- For each key initiative, provide an indicative timeline where possible.
- The high-level roadmap should provide visibility into the next quarter within the context of annual goals.
- Within the Discord forum discussions for governance proposals, incorporate simple polls to allow community members to upvote remarks or criticism being voiced against proposals.
- Currently, proposals may pass too easily because there is agreement that the core/majority of the proposal is necessary but maybe not totally in line with the voters’ view.
- If there are additions that could benefit/steer a proposal it would be more efficient to be able to add this to the proposal in question, instead of having to write a whole new proposal (which most likely will never come because it’s easier to burst out your opinion/discontent with a proposal instead of taking 30 minutes to write one).